EFFECTIVE DATE: September 11, 2019
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. For example:
- Visitors to our Site who make purchases on our Site: Your company name, email address, payment information, mailing and shipping address, telephone number, and fax number
- Visitors to our Site who sign-up to receive information from us: Your email address
- Other visitors to our Site: Any information you choose to submit to us via the Site
- Our members (membership registration): Your name, email address, mailing address, and, if you choose, your company department, title, employee ID, phone number, fax number, and photograph
- Our members (meeting registration): Your name, company name, mailing address, email address, mobile telephone number, photograph, and spouse’s first name
- When using our Services to file for SCAC (including third parties who do so on your behalf): Your company name, address, telephone number, MC and US DOT number, and assigned alpha code
Information We Collect from Third Parties. We receive information from motor freight carriers about shipments (e.g., shipping identifier, carrier name, shipping item number, and dimensions and weight of freight), which we aggregate. We then provide that aggregated information back to the carriers who provided information to us.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site through cookies and other technologies. Please see the section "Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms" below for more information
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To provide our Services to you and to fulfill your orders.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To send you email marketing about our products and services and the products and services of third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To conduct surveys and send questionnaires.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include vendors who assist us in facilitating meetings, such as hotels, vendors who assist us in sending SCAC renewal notices, and information technology-related vendors.
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information as described in Information we Collect from Third Parties section above.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser "do-not-track" requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members. Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or by logging in to your account and updating your communications preferences. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com or (703) 838-1810.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or by contacting you at the email address we have on file for you.